SR
Posted By
Sydney_Roney
Jan 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I open a file on Photoshop 7.0, any file [.jpg, .psd, .gif, etc.] and when I try to make any changes to the picture, or when I even hover over the picture, the window flickers. I’ve been having this problem for a few weeks. Photoshop still works, it’s just incredibly difficult to work with.

I have asked other forums and they gave me a few suggestions, but either nothing changed or I didn’t know what to do to fix it.
1. I needed to delete my Temp Files, the temp files were not there, so that is not the problem.
2. Something is wrong with my Graphics/Video card.
3. I need to uninstall/reinstall adobe. I would rather not do this, because I have no way to uninstall adobe rather than to do "Add/Remove Programs" and that would not only get rid of adobe, but the Set-up for it.
4. Something is wrong with my RAM.

A few notes:
* I have been using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 on this computer for two or three years. The problem just started happening recently.
* I do get warnings of my virtual memory being low occasionally while working on Photoshop.

I am not very good with computers, so could you please give me step by step on how to fix it?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 23, 2007
try updating the video driver.
SR
Sydney_Roney
Jan 23, 2007
How do I update the video driver?
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 23, 2007
go to the card manufacturer’s site, download the latest driver and follow the instructions for updating.
SR
Sydney_Roney
Jan 23, 2007
Okay. I will try that.
SR
Sydney_Roney
Jan 24, 2007
Any other opinions?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections