L
Posted By
larwils
May 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have searched the manual and the forum history and have not be able to find an answer. I’m doing a website and I want an identical banner on the top of each page that has 3 or 4 seperate photographs overlapping each other side-by-side. How do I do this? Two layers?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
Grant_Dixon
May 28, 2004
There are many ways but here is an easy one.

1) Open your four images.
2) Open photo merger > Menu > Create Photomerge.
3) Selecting the four images try to Photomerge.
4) It will fail to find a merge so you just move them around on the layout screen and apply.
5) crop and resize to the size you want your banner ….

Good luck!

Grant
LP
Linda_Pollak
Jun 2, 2004
question about photomerge:
is it possible to photomerge images without having anything done to them by the program? that is, to arrange them, overlapping, and stop the process at this point, rather than the software merging them according to its own criteria, and thereby creating strange diagonals etc..
thank you for your help.
Linda
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 2, 2004
Linda,

It sounds like you want to end up with a sort of collage, wherein the original borders of the images are undisturbed, but it looks like some images overlap others.

Photomerge won’t do that. It always tries to blend images together.

Here’s how I’ve had good luck doing what I described, above:

– "pre condition" all of the images I want to use — that is to get them all at the same resolution, adjusted and cropped as needed.

– create a new document, with the same resolution as my images, with large enough dimensions that I’ve got plenty of space to work in.

– with the blank document open, open one of the smaller images. Drag the smaller image from it’s Layers palette and drop into the large document. This creates a new layer containing a copy of the smaller image. Close the smaller image.

– repeat as needed until all small images have been copied into the larger document, each on their own layer.

– using the Move tool (with it’s "Auto Select Layer" option un-checked) select each smaller image layer in turn and drag them around to arrange the collage. Drag the layers up/down in the Layers palette to change the stacking order, so that you get overlaps you like.

Post back if you have more questions, or if I completely missed the mark… 😉

Byron
L
larwils
Jun 2, 2004
Grant – Thanks for your help. I’ll give it a try

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections