J
Posted By
James
Jan 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working on an image and I’m trying to have parts of the image overlap on the text. I’m using InDesign 2.0 for the layout.

For example, there’s the top building, and I want to put the title of the publication behind a couple of the buildings in the foreground — i’ve seen this effect used lots of times.

I thought the best way would be to use a clipping path in photoshop, and then place into InDesign, with the text created in InDesign.

I’ve found with this, however, even with all the images at 300dpi, the overlapping part of the image still looks jagged, and of course you can’t have any feathering using a clipping path as far as I know.

Is there a better way to do this where the overlapping part of the image will look sharp?

Thanks,
james

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
Jan 9, 2004
James wrote:

I’m working on an image and I’m trying to have parts of the image overlap on the text. I’m using InDesign 2.0 for the layout.
For example, there’s the top building, and I want to put the title of the publication behind a couple of the buildings in the foreground — i’ve seen this effect used lots of times.

I thought the best way would be to use a clipping path in photoshop, and then place into InDesign, with the text created in InDesign.
I’ve found with this, however, even with all the images at 300dpi, the overlapping part of the image still looks jagged, and of course you can’t have any feathering using a clipping path as far as I know.
Is there a better way to do this where the overlapping part of the image will look sharp?

Thanks,
james
Since InDesign will handle transparent .psd files, just cut out your Foreground portion and save as .psd and put it on top of the text.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections