PB
Posted By
Peter_Bannon
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Trying to use update from help menu causes problems. PSE fails to finish connection download. or it quits after a download Using Mac OS 10.2.8 and broadband DSL access.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
May 20, 2004
Peter,

There really aren’t any updates anyway.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 20, 2004
Yes, Peter, Nancy is right. Also go to the PE prefs and set "check for updates" to "never".
PB
Peter_Bannon
May 20, 2004
Is there any difference between selecting update in the Help menu or using update set to never in preferences – manually?

Using "Manually" in preference I got "no updates available" or something like that. Anyway, no problem connecting and displaying that information. worked like you would expect.

Clicking on update in the Help Menu I got the spinning beach ball ( with an apparent incomplete update check). After a few tries it told me I needed this 8MB update but only provided an esoteric (text edit) message when I clicked download.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 20, 2004
Hi, Peter. It’s all moot because there are no/have not been any updates for PE2. Just forget it and lead a more peaceful life. What you are seeing is a little program that PE uploads to check for the non-existent downloads.

EDIT Nice and succinct and you beat me, Mac.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 20, 2004
That download is the "download manager" or "helper" or whatever. It helps you download the nothing that is there to download.

M
PB
Peter_Bannon
May 21, 2004
Thanks
PB
Peter_Bannon
May 21, 2004
Had my grand daughters on my lap and could not give a proper response. Thanks again.You explained it all to me. I didn’t know what was going on and thought I had a corruption problem somewhere.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections