DR
Posted By
dan_reese
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop elements after I generate a web gallery with a X amount of pictures, I then open the index.html to find that the order of my pictures are different than the order in my folder. event after I have giving each picture a number.
Is there a way to control the order of the gallery pages?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 18, 2004
Elements takes its que in sequencing photos from the way images are organzed in the folder on your hard drive. Even though you might meticulously move them manually, the operating system then shuffles them according to its own beliefs about how they should be organzed. Here’s a link to a thread from someone with a similar problem making Contact Sheets. I think the first three or four posts are all you need to look at. The secret is to use a leading zero in your numbering system.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bb41d99>
DR
dan_reese
May 21, 2004
Beth Haney,

Thank you for your advice it is very helpful, all my web gallery photos are now in numerical order.
Unfortunately my pdf ‘s are not responding the same way, they are still coming up in a random order.
My web gallery folder and my pdf folder were generated from the same source, to you have any suggestions.

Dan
BH
Beth_Haney
May 21, 2004
I’ve heard this complaint before about sequencing when making PDFs. What platform do you run? It seems to me that Windows people found a decent workaround, but I don’t remember what it is! I think Mac folks still have to do a lot of manual shuffling. This was an Elements issue, unlike what you were dealing with when using Web Photo Gallery.
DR
dan_reese
May 22, 2004
Beth,

I’m running panther 10.3.3 processor Dual 1.4.2 GHz Power PC G4/1GB DDR SDRAM Do you know of a site were I can acquire a hard copy to download of this manual shuffling ?

Dan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections