CS4>>GL Settings; Force Bilinear Interpolation?

DS
Posted By
Don_Saban
Oct 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My graphic cards are Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT and I have "Enable OpenGL Drawing" activated in CS4 and in the advanced settings, the default is Vertical Sync checked and Force Bilinear Interpolation is unchecked.
What exactly is "Force Bilinear Interpolation" and what advantage (if any) is there to turning it on?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RA
R_Aviles
Nov 1, 2008
Does anyone have an answer to this? I have this card and I would be interested in hearing what the best settings are in PS CS4 for this card.

Thanks!

Rafael
RA
R_Aviles
Nov 1, 2008
Thanks, Welles. Looks like Bilinear Interpolation would lessen the complexity of the calculations and thus result in faster (but more jagged) redraws?
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Nov 1, 2008
The way I read that passage left me with an impression that there were more calculations required in Bilinear Interpolation and I would expect a slower redraw. LOL Go figure. Maybe someone who actually knows something will add to this thread.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections