Posted By
Tim_Francis
Oct 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I have a 1pixel by 20pixel image that I would like to make a perfect circle from. Does photoshop have a filter that will allow me to do this, or does any know of any 3rd party filters?

Any help would be great

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 28, 2008
That depends on what you mean.

1 pixel by 20 pixels is just a (short) line.

There are many ways that could be converted into a circle (pie chart, pixels along the circumferance, move pixels to fill a circular area, etc.).
JM
J_Maloney
Oct 28, 2008
Polar coordinates on a 20 pixel x 20 pixel canvas?
TF
Tim_Francis
Oct 28, 2008
Hi Chris sorry for being short I meant 1x20pixel is my radius, so just to make a perfect circle clockwise or anticlockwise from that.
JM
J_Maloney
Oct 28, 2008
clockwise or anticlockwise

Would there be a difference?
TF
Tim_Francis
Oct 28, 2008
Hi J yeah say I had 10pixels black to the left (the start of my line of pixels) and 10 pixel red to the right (at the end of my line of pixels) of my 1×20 pixel line of pixels if I did clockwise the red pixels would be on the inside and black on the outside, if I did anti clockwise red would be on the outside and red would be on the inside.

I was hoping a filter like polar coordinates could do something like this?

(I want to be able to quickly create a perfect circle from a small series of pixels as opposed to having to manually create each and every circle via shapes, or selection tools etc)
JM
J_Maloney
Oct 28, 2008
You can do it with polar coordinates. You extend the line (down in your example) so you have a 10 x 20 block of black butting 10 x 20 block of red. Use transform to do this (just pull down on the edge handle). Then make you image 40 x 40 and use nearest neighbor to do it. You’ll need to rotate the image 90 degrees to get the right effect. Then run polar coordinates. Flip vertical (before polar) to get the counter-c effect.

J
TF
Tim_Francis
Oct 28, 2008
Hi J I’ve done what you have said but I didnt have any luck with it. (Yes I did end up getting a circle but all I got was a redbgox with a black circle inside). Am I meant to have a specific sized selection going beore I run polar coordinates?
JM
J_Maloney
Oct 28, 2008
Yep (or after 😉 ). There’s probably a better way to do this, but I would think you could action all the transformations etc., even based on the size of the selection (next time with a 30 x 1). Though I think you really need an odd number to make this all work "best".

J

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections