RC
Posted By
Richard_Cordi
Nov 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After installing Elements 2, all my filter names in the dropdown menu are duplicated. Can someone enlighten me on the cause and cure? Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Nov 25, 2003
Did you, by any chance, install it in the same directory ? Or have you instructed PSE2 to seek plugins in other folders, pointing it to PSE1 folder ?

Ray
RC
Richard_Cordi
Nov 25, 2003
Sorry, but this explaination is a little over my head. As far as I know I only installed it once off the CD. A hint: I had used the Trial PSE for a month and it had the same problem. I have completely deleted that copy from my HD. But I did notice I had the same dual filter names in that as I have here. Any suggestions? Thanks.
R
Ray
Nov 25, 2003
I would completely uninstall, delete the folder(s), and reinstall.

Ray
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 26, 2003
Ray and Richard: The same thing happened to me when I installed Photoshop 7 on the same machine with Photoshop LE, Elements 1 and Elements 2. I concluded that it was annoying but everything still works, so I didn’t do any major surgery. When I do filters in PS7, I just see double…

Chuck
R
Ray
Nov 26, 2003
I’ve successfully installed PSE1, PSE2, PS6 and PS7, and I’ve never had the double-vision syndrom. I’m actually running both PSE2 and PS7, no filters are doubled. Interesting… Perhaps Rich could jump into this thread and explain how is this possible ?

Ray
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 26, 2003
Ray, in my case these installations took place under Windows 98SE, so anything is possible!

And it’s also possible I was consuming a little wine while doing the installation….

🙂

Chuck

p.s. I’m hoping it goes away when (or if) I install PS CS.
R
Ray
Nov 26, 2003
Chuck, talk to me about the good stuf.. 😉

I’d suggest you uninstall PS7 completely before upgrading to CS. And remove those folders. Make sure no residual files remains.
Upgrading to CS seems like an adventure these days, though.. 😉 Have you read about how slow people are finding it to be compared to PS7?

Ray
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 26, 2003
Ray, as I still use Elements 90% of the time, I believe I’ll defer my investment in CS for the foreseeable future….

🙂

Chuck
R
Ray
Nov 26, 2003
Ditto here. CS doesn’T have enough new options that I desperately need for me to justify spending the money on it, at the moment. The RAW converter I got is really doing a fine job and the functions currently in PS7 are about all I can handle 😉

Ray
RC
Richard_Cordi
Nov 26, 2003
One more quick question because your advise is great. What folders are you refering to? These aren’t folders with pictures are they? I’m sure not but I could use a clarifation. Thanks again. Dick
R
Ray
Nov 26, 2003
Dick, I’m not sure I understand, but I meant the application folders (c:\program files\adobe\photoshop elements\…)

Ray
RC
Richard_Cordi
Nov 26, 2003
Thanks. I understand now. Great help…thanks again. Dick
RC
Richard_Cordi
Nov 26, 2003
I took your advice and deleted everything and reinstalled…it worked. Many thanks.
R
Ray
Nov 26, 2003
Great !

Ray

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections