RA
Posted By
Ronnie_Abrams
May 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do You go about taking a picture of someone away from the back ground and putting it in another scene. Years ago I had a simple program to do it with but I can’t remember what it was, and how it worked, but it was something like Magic Wand.
Thanks Ron

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 14, 2004
Ron,
1. Open image, drag down layers palette, click on triangle upper right, click duplicate background layer, shut off visibility to background layer
2. Using a selection tool (e.g. lasso or magnetic lasso) select that which you wish to move
3. Go to Edit>copy. Minimize this file
4. Open your "other scene", as in step #1 above
5. Go to Edit>paste
6. With the move tool you can position your selection. It is best to have both images at the same resolution before embarking on this.
There are other ways to do this, but this method is quite conventional. Feel free to repost if additional info. is required.
Ken
RA
Ronnie_Abrams
May 14, 2004
Thank You Ken

That information was just what I was looking for.
I’m New to PSE 2.0 I downloaded the trial version to check it out, I ‘m going to Sams Club to get the registered version in a little while, they have it for $52.99.
Thanks again Ken
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 14, 2004
Ronnie,

You will really like Elements … its a great package.

Anytime you get stuck just ask questions … there is always someone here who will answer.

Wendy
MS
Mark_Sand
May 15, 2004
Ken, is there a reason for your step 1 (duplicate background layer)? This is not really necessary.
SS
Susan_S.
May 15, 2004
Mark – so that if you foul it up on the first go it’ s easy to return to the untouched background and start again. I often do it as a first step for any image manipulation for this reason.
Susan S
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 15, 2004
Me too Susan … and whenever I forget to do it I always seem to make a mess of the manipulation 🙂

Wendy
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 15, 2004
Mark,
Susan and Wendy have provided you with the rationale. I am a compulsive pedagogue and always apply this initial step to my work flow. I think that you will like this program which, if used with diligence, is really a lot of fun. Feel free to ask questions.
Ken
DS
Dick_Smith
May 16, 2004
Gee, Ken, I hope that condition.."compulsive pedagogue" isn’t contagious!

Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections