GJ
Posted By
Garnham_John
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a picture. In it the person is holding a cigarette in which you can see the smoke. I have tried removing the cigarette and the smoke, but it is obvious that she is holding a cigarette. I have since removed the hand but now I am not sure how to blend in the background. Any suggestions?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
Feb 3, 2004
John,

The clone tool is probably your best bet. Have your Layers Palette visible on your workarea. Create a new blank layer above your image to clone on.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 3, 2004
Hey, there’s an idea, cut off my hand and then maybe I’ll stop smoking 🙂
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 3, 2004
Have you thought of maybe inserting another object into her hand?
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 3, 2004
Like, hmmmmm……
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 3, 2004
Oh, no! I should have never suggested that. I was thinking something benign depending on what he’s doing with the shot. Maybe make her holding a rose or flower if it’s for a family portrait or if it’s just to fake out his family then a pen, or pencil, or something to take the place of the cigerette. Unfortunately, the smoke will still have to be cloned out.
J
jhjl1
Feb 3, 2004
You could use a filter to give the entire photo a fog or haze effect which would camouflage the smoke.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
SK
Shan_Ko
Feb 4, 2004
HaHaHeHeee! The image of Jodi smoking a rose or pencil had me ROTFLMAO. 🙂 🙂

A word to Jodi.
After two-packs-a-day for over twenty years, I successfully gave up smoking. That’s around the time I first discovered my memory slipping. I forgot to light up so often that I thought I might as well give it up all together. Also save my pants pockets from having holes worn in them by the heavy lighter. 😉

Shan
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 4, 2004
Shan, good for you ! I guess I just don’t have the willpower. I don’t smoke two packs a day though. I smoke ultra lights and try to keep it down to a bare minimum….only when i really need one. Last time i quit my hub went out and bought me a pack of cigarettes after one week. I guess i must have been a real bitch or something 😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections