DA
Posted By
David_Atkin
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Elements II and an Epson stylus photo 925 printer set to show a "preview" image prior to printing. The color of the preview image differs from the elements rendition of the image. This is true whether I use full color management or no color management. Is this to be expected? Can you suggest a way that I can correct for the differing colors.

Thanks for any help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
brent_bertram
May 10, 2004
That is to be expected . Neither the "print preview" screen , nor the Epson driver "preview" screen is color managed . Those screens are more for checking the placement of the image.

Don’t worry, you’re not crazy ! <G>

If your prints aren’t reasonably close to your screen, you should check out Ian Lyons’site . His tutorials on Printing from Photoshop are equally valid printing from Elements. < http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_print/ps7_print_mac_2.h tm>

🙂

Brent
DA
David_Atkin
May 13, 2004
Thank you Brent. However, I am confused by the behavior of the "preview" screen whereby in some instances the color match with the printed image is rather good while in other instances the match is awful. Is the "working" image of the Elements session supposed to provide a good match to the printed image (assuming a properly calibrated monitor) or is it a blind trial and error process?
BB
brent_bertram
May 13, 2004
David,
You should be able to print pretty close to what you see on your screen, but not what you see in " Print Preview". If the Print Preview looks okay, its just a trick of fate <G>, it is not color managed and won’t accurately reflect the print you’ll get . You might take a look at Ian Lyons’ site and read all his articles. If you have an Epson printer , it would be particularly valuable.

🙂

Brent
JS
John_Schandorsky
May 16, 2004
If you use automatic color management the preview should be close. If you used profiles the color will not match.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections