Posted By
ironknee
Oct 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi all

for some reason, whenever i crop something no matter what size, i get a 1 by 1 pixel image as a result.

what the heck is happening?

thx

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Oct 20, 2008
you are using Leopard and did not clear your crop tool.
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 20, 2008
Or your preferences are corrupted. Trash them. And relaunch Photoshop.

As you launch Photoshop, immediately press and hold down the Command+Option+Shift keys until you see the dialog box.

Neil
I
ironknee
Oct 20, 2008
thank you thank you

it worked!
P
progress
Oct 21, 2008
Buko, it happens in Tiger as well.

It’s caused by tabbing in the crop tool (in tiger for me), PS wants a value then for some reason, it sticks in 0, then it says it cant handle that and rounds to a 1.

Funnily enough it hasn’t happened to me in leper’d.
R
Ram
Oct 22, 2008
leper’d 😀
B
Buko
Oct 22, 2008
Hmmm.

Can’t say it’s happened to me in Tiger.

and It was Leoper’d that folk were a’havin trouble with the croppin tool.
JP
jean_p
Oct 22, 2008
I’ve only seen it on 10.4
B
Buko
Oct 22, 2008
Well if that’s the only problem with CS3 I’ll stick with Tiger
P
progress
Oct 22, 2008
For me, Leopard has been a lot better.

For a start I haven’t seen the crop tool thing appear. So far all my paths have saved with .ai on the end. (fingers crossed they don’t start to appear to fail over time like last time). My PC network drive refreshes on viewing. I can lock things to a grid on the desktop and I can change the size of that.

I’ve still got PDF’s crapping out if I open a few of them, so I don’t know whats causing that, but that’s an Adobe thing.

Even my monitor profile copied straight across.

Apart from a hiccup with MS’s vista and it’s inability to install on a system with two identical drives, it’s gone swimmingly. Even my eject button and bluetooth works in V64.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections