J
Posted By
jrutt
Oct 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a 2.5GHz dual processor power mac. Never really had any problems. Recently updated and got ACR 4.5. Now it takes minutes for either bridge or PS to start open ACR with a particular image.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling PS. The result was interesting. Just after reinstallation, things seemed normal, ACR opened almost instantly.

Then I updated automatically to get the latest version. After that, the problem reappeared. The time to open an image is extremely variable. Might be 5 seconds, but most often at least a minute and sometime 5 minutes. The computer doesn’t actually seem to be doing anything during this time (according to top), so I suspect it’s some sort of system issue and not just a question of speed.

LightRoom seems to be able to develop without any real problems, but is slow to open PS.

Suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jrutt
Oct 13, 2008
I solved this, but it was somewhat painful. Turns out I had a soft link to a folder on a nonworking disk in my home directory. Once I fixed that, there was no problem. Seems that PS must check the files in one’s home directory pretty often, including when it opens ACR. Wny?

In any case, I did a lot of work to discover this…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections