DC
Posted By
Dave_Cooperstein
Oct 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is a message for anyone whose Photoshop CS3 is taking a really, really long time (2 or 3 minutes) to load, and gets stuck on reading the Preferences.

YES, I DID try trashing my Preference file, and letting Photoshop rebuild it. But that did not work. It still got hung up on loading Photoshop.

What I found was that, somehow (and I’m still not sure how), I had many, many, many duplicate Tool Presets for all of my tools. They were duplicates of the default Tool Presets. In some cases, there were 50 or 60 duplicate Tool Presets for certain tools (i.e. Crop 8×10).

I used the Preset Manager to DELETE all of the duplicate Tool Presets. I did not just trash all the presets, because I wasn’t sure which ones were custom presets that I had set up, and I wasn’t sure if I had saved all my custom ones.

After deleting all of the duplicate Tool Presets, Photoshop CS3 now takes SECONDS to open. It’s opens very quickly.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Dave.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections