Posted By
sigdrifa
Jul 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!
In our photo studio we work with photoshop CS, and since about a week we’re having some trouble. Starting photoshop results in the computer freezing; the whole system, not only photoshop. I’m pretty sure (eventhough not 100%) that this is not a windows problem, since it happens only with photoshop.
Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jul 13, 2006
"sigdrifa" wrote in message
Hi!
In our photo studio we work with photoshop CS, and since about a week we’re having some trouble. Starting photoshop results in the computer freezing; the whole system, not only photoshop. I’m pretty sure (eventhough not 100%) that this is not a windows problem, since it happens only with photoshop.
Thanks.
Have you installed any new plugins/brushes/fonts etc., in the last week? When PS starts it lists the various plugins/fonts etc as they are loaded, can you see where this list stops loading?
A favourite culprit for preventing PS loading and then freezing is a corrupt font. Remove all nonWindows supplied fonts from you fonts folder (put ’em in a temporary one) try PS again and if OK, introduce the fonts ten at a time untill the problem reappears. Then remove half of the last ten, try again and so on until the problem font(s) is/are discovered.
K
km
Jul 14, 2006
On 13 Jul 2006 07:14:53 -0700, "sigdrifa"
wrote:

Hi!
Thanks.

Has a Firewall been installed recently or changes made in connection with a Firewall? Typically ZoneAlarm has some versions which cause this behaviour.

KM
S
sigdrifa
Jul 14, 2006
Mike Hyndman schrieb:
"sigdrifa" wrote in message
Hi!
Thanks.
Have you installed any new plugins/brushes/fonts etc., in the last week? When PS starts it lists the various plugins/fonts etc as they are loaded, can you see where this list stops loading?
A favourite culprit for preventing PS loading and then freezing is a corrupt font. Remove all nonWindows supplied fonts from you fonts folder (put ’em in a temporary one) try PS again and if OK, introduce the fonts ten at a time untill the problem reappears. Then remove half of the last ten, try again and so on until the problem font(s) is/are discovered.
Hi,
thanks, I’ll check this out when I’m back at work. I
installed the camera raw update 2.4, but that didn’t work for our camera (Canon EOS 5D), and then someone else tried to install DNG Converter & raw update from the CS 2 download section, and maybe that’s the problem.
Thanks again
J
JayD
Jul 18, 2006
sigdrifa wrote:
Hi!
Thanks.
Your scratch disk may be highly fragmented –
If you have a 2nd Hard Drive, set up a 5GB partition to use exclusively for your scratch disk. Be sure this is an internal, and not usb connected external drive.
I did this on my computer with CS2 and the program is ready to go about 10 secs – and I’m using an eMachine w/1 GB ram.
At the very least you should defrag the partition the scratch disk is on.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections