DZ
Posted By
Danuta_Zgurzynski
Jul 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My problem with Photoshop started last week. It hangs (freezes) all the time and I am not able to work on it at all. I did reinstall the photoshop, created a new user on my imac, cleaned preferences and I don’t have a CD in my my DVD drive, but it still crashes every time I open it. Doesn’t allow me to do anything. Any suggestions? I can see the top menu items, but the moment I click on HELP it hangs. If I open a file I can’t do anything with it as it freezes.

Details as per above: Mac OS X 10.5.4, iMac, 2.4GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 2GB 667 DDR2 SD RAM – 2x1GB, 320GB Serial ATA Drive (129 GB free space), SuperDrive 8x DL, two external 500 GB hard drives (one storage and the other one for time machine backup), Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium-Photoshop CS3. All other applications from the suite work with no problems, just photoshop hangs every time i try to click anything. I have to force quit every time.

The only new thing I did is install a new Lexmark Wi-Fi X9350 printer. Would this be a problem?

Thanks for any help I can get…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jul 28, 2008
Find the TWAIN.plugin and put a tilde( ~ ) in front of the name.

It could also be the printer can you uninstall the printer drivers and see if the problem clears?
DZ
Danuta_Zgurzynski
Jul 28, 2008
Thank you, thank you and again thank you!!! It works!! I have no idea which did it but I did put ~ in front of the TWAIN.plugin and got rid of the printer. I was so upset about it and now I can smile again…. Hope it will work with no problems now…

Did I say thank you enough…
B
Buko
Jul 28, 2008
Go ahead and put the printer back and download the newest drivers and install them. It just might be there is something in the printer driver that is conflicting with TWAIN.plugin. If the conflict is with TWAIN.plugin then the tilde will stop that.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections