PC
Posted By
Pat_Coggin
May 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have downloaded a couple of patterns from the Adobe Studio. These were for Photoshop, not specified necessarily for PSE. The latest ones were Scott’s Ripples. I then used the Preset Manager to view and load the patterns and supposedly they are to show up in the Layer Style pallette. I looked there under pattern and no show. Also shut the program down twice hoping the patterns would appear. Any ideas where these are hiding or how I can make them accessible?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 1, 2004
Pat,

Patterns should show in the Paint Bucket tool, under the fill Pattern (instead of the solid color). Download and copy them into this folder:

Mac
Applications / Adobe Photoshop Elements / Presets / Patterns

Windows
Program files / Adobe Photoshop Elements / Presets / Patterns

If you’re not seeing them, reset your preferences. Sometimes, the previews (little thumbnails of the patterns, effects, and others) doesn’t refresh.

Ray
TF
Terri_Foster
May 1, 2004
Pat,

I downloaded that same set. I would suggest using the pattern fill with them. They look really good when scaled up in size.

Terri
PC
Pat_Coggin
May 1, 2004
Raymond, Terri….thanks for your rapid replies…Found them….and more that I earlier had downloaded. Neat!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections