Posted By
Phyllis_Caputo
Jan 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi-
I just got a new machine and loaded Netscape 7.1. When I try to download recipes, I get an error message that says:
An unexpected error has occurred while communicating with the online service. Please try again. I have tried a few times, and nothing changes. I am assuming there is something in Netscape doing this. Has anyone seen this?
Thanks – Phyllis

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TB
Terry Boyles
Jan 30, 2004
Phyllis,
Disable your virus potection and try again.

Terry
SS
Susan_S.
Jan 30, 2004
It’s happening to me (and I don’t think it’s webbrowser specific – I use Safari or IE) and I don’t have virus protection to turn off (I’m on a mac!) – and I just switched my firewall off for thirty seconds to try again, so it’s not that. It could be the fact that I’m operating behind a NAT enabled router whereas when I have successfully updated before I was using dialup (i’ve reinstalled Elements and my operating system and so i actually would like to redownload the newer recipes). Or it could be a glitch at Adobe’s end….(but it has been like that for a couple of months so I suspect not)
BG
Byron Gale
Jan 30, 2004
I also recently reloaded Elements, and had been trying to download the additional recipes for a couple of weeks, and was always getting the same error.

Yesterday, though, I got through and picked up the recipes just fine… I’m still able to get through, right now.

To my knowledge, I made no configuration changes so cannot account for the change in behavior.

Byron
SS
Susan_S.
Jan 30, 2004
Isn’t that weird – suddenly it’s working for me too….! Just downloaded them!
SE
Steve Edwards
Jan 30, 2004
I spent about 3/4 hour on line with Adobe tech support last night. At the end the tech told me their server was the problem.

Steve

wrote in message
Hi-
I just got a new machine and loaded Netscape 7.1. When I try to download
recipes, I get an error message that says:
An unexpected error has occurred while communicating with the online
service. Please try again.
I have tried a few times, and nothing changes. I am assuming there is
something in Netscape doing this. Has anyone seen this?
Thanks – Phyllis
PC
Phyllis_Caputo
Feb 2, 2004
Thanks for all the comments! I will try a bunch of different things! Wish me luck….
Phyllis
R
RobertDeans
Feb 11, 2004
Same problem here.

Disabled virus protection and firewall, but still cannot access.

It would be very helpful if Adobe clarified the nature of the problem and the fix (if there is one).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections