L
Posted By
lister110
Jan 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image which i would like to convert to bitmap and use smaller versions of the same image in the tonal areas. I thought you had to define a pattern and when you go to convert the file to bitmap you choose the Patter Dither Method, though the custom Pattern option is greyed out..

Does anyone know how to create an image using smaller versions in tonal areas..??

hope this makes sense!

lister

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Feb 1, 2007
If the image You intend to create is supposed ro be in color anyway why don’t You just make a pattern-layer (under fill-layers) and if You wish the pattern to appear monochrome or in another color set up a hue/saturation-layer (or whatever else serves the purpose) and clipping-mask it to the pattern-layer and mask that whole stack according to Your needs?
And if You want the pattern to work as a halftone-pattern on another image set the blend-mode of the pattern-layer to »hard mix«. If You lose details in the smaller images You might want to correct it with a clipping-masked curves-layer. That way You can also change the size of the smaller pictures with the »layer content options« and retain full editability of the underlying picture.
L
lister110
Feb 2, 2007
I use to be able to difine a pattern and then create a bitmap and use this pattern when you goto to convert. The image would then be made of small and larger versions of the image(mono) for all the tonal areas. I dont want the pattern to stay one size…I hope this makes sense..

cheers.
CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Feb 5, 2007
As far as I remember the custom-pattern-setting always produced same-size repetitions of the pattern-element with the tonal in- or decrease represented in relation to the density of the pattern.
The effect You seem to describe is news to me.
Could You post a link to an image that displays the feature You mean?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 5, 2007
Do you want Pattern Dither or Custom Pattern? Seems the latter is what you are after.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections