CI
Posted By
chad_isanhart
Oct 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all… I’m hoping that you might be able to help me out with a project incumbent upon me for work. I work for a company that creates packaging and promotional artwork. My background is within retouching and illustration and I have a gap in my Photoshop knowledge when it comes to DCS file creation. Since pre-press work has pushed into the design process and DCS creation has now become a designer’s task, I have to create a manual for training our staff on this subject matter. I am asking you for links to process tutorials, literature, and recommendations concerning DCS file creation workflow. Specifically we are creating DCS files on Mac platforms, OSX, and using both Photoshop CS2 and CS3. As far as printer’s suggestions and requirements go, I am only aware that they require our working PSD file with all creation layers in case they need to re-work the DCS file. Issues that may need to be adjusted at the printer may be trapping, and color saturation. We output a DCS 2.0 file as an .EPS. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Chad

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections