HP
Posted By
Harry_Putnam
Feb 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Following along with the online help file about creating swatches it says one way is to drag your image from a layer to the swatches Palette.

That worked once, but on subsequent tries, when I drop the image, a new swatch appears with the `no color’ icon (red diagonal bar) across it.

Not sure what the differences are between the successfull attempt and the others. My proceedure looked like:

1) render clouds
2) pinch repeatedly
3) Use Hue/Saturation to get the color I want.
4) Drag this image to swatch palette.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Feb 16, 2005
Never even heard of that, unless this is something new in Photoshop CS that I hadn’t heard of yet.

The Swatches Palette that I know is meant as a place to hold solid colors, not little composite image icons…shoot, I don’t even know what to call what you’re trying to do.
L
LenHewitt
Feb 17, 2005
Harry,

Are you sure you are not confusing swatches and patterns?
N
NTD
Feb 17, 2005
There is something in one of my Adobe products that says you can do this. Can’t remember which one, or how, and don’t have time for exploration right now. Could it be InDesign?
N
NTD
Feb 17, 2005
OK, got curious as to where I had read about this. Not in the Photoshop or GoLive Manuals. However, in the InDesign manual it says you can load all colors, tints and gradients from an InDesign document by clicking load swatches and double clicking the InDesign document.

In Photoshop it only talks about adding colors by adding using the eyedropper tool,etc. That is one color at a time.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections