K
Posted By
KayKay
Dec 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When i use my line tool there is a circle with an x in it below the cursor, I can only draw a line on an axis. How do I change this so that I can place a wide line from one point to another?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GD
glen_deman
Dec 19, 2006
Sounds like you are using the Line tool with the option set to "path." Look at these boxes (image credit: John Joslin):

Play around with all three options to see what fits your application. In any event, to get a wide line, increase the pixel value (there’s a box where you can change the pixel value at the top of the menu).

If I understand correctly, when you say you can only draw a line on an axis, you can only draw a line horizontally or vertically? You’re probably pressing shift while making your line; this constrains the line to vertical, horizontal, or 45°. Don’t press shift while you create the line and you can draw it between any two points.
K
KayKay
Dec 20, 2006
Thanks for the reply. I actually am using the line tool below the pen, and it will draw on a central point, it will actually spin on this axis, maybe I’m using the wrong tool for this, but i thought i had used this for blocking in straight areas before but can’t get it to do it now. I’m not using the shift key. What does the circle with the x inside mean?
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 20, 2006
Thanks for the credit Glen: no need – I just try to make things clearer (1000 words and all that). 😉
K
KayKay
Dec 20, 2006
Thanks got it. I’m new at using this program, lots to learn. KayKay

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections