How do I decrease the width of the line tool?

N
Posted By
Nige
Jul 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tell me how I can decrease the width of the line tool on Photoshop to less than one 1pt (or 0.035cm)? Working at some resolutions I can’t create a fine enough line – but I’m damned if I know how to make it thinner! Is it the line weight I need to adjust or is there some other way around this problem…?

TIA

Nige

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John J
Jul 2, 2008
Nige wrote:
Can anyone tell me how I can decrease the width of the line tool on Photoshop to less than one 1pt (or 0.035cm)?

It is in the "unobtainium" menu.

Why do you need less than one pixel? Use a large enough canvas so that one pixel is equal to your desired width and be happy.
K
KatWoman
Jul 2, 2008
"Nige" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can decrease the width of the line tool on Photoshop to less than one 1pt (or 0.035cm)? Working at some resolutions I can’t create a fine enough line – but I’m damned if I know how to make it thinner! Is it the line weight I need to adjust or is there some other way around this problem…?

TIA

Nige

work at a higher resolution
then later resize for your final

it will come out better too
T
Tacit
Jul 3, 2008
In article <020720081152054908%>,
Nige wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I can decrease the width of the line tool on Photoshop to less than one 1pt (or 0.035cm)?

Easy. Don’t work in points. Work in pixels. Set the width to "1 px". The "px" tells Photoshop you want pixels, not points.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
N
Nige
Jul 6, 2008
In article , tacit
wrote:

In article <020720081152054908%>,
Nige wrote:

Easy. Don’t work in points. Work in pixels. Set the width to "1 px". The "px" tells Photoshop you want pixels, not points.

Ah, right – I understand!

I didn’t realise that you could state pixel width – I thought it was only point widths and millimeter widths. (The previous two replies from ‘John’ and ‘Katwoman’ obviously hadn’t read my post properly and thought I was simply working at too low a resolution).

But thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply…

Nige

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections