CH
Posted By
Cayleen_Haarala
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to make a brochure for my business. I have a picture I took of a camera and some CDs. I open the image in photoshop, use the lasso tool to select the part of the image I want, but, it seems no matter how I get the selected part of the image onto my brochure it looks like crap. Very jagged around the edge. It doesn’t have anything to do with feathering as I feather at 5. When I print out my selection from photoshop it looks great, but, when it is an appleworks file it looks like garbage. There must be someway to save it or transfer it from photoshop to make the image work. Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate the help.

Thanks, Cayleen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 13, 2004
What resolution are you working in? Jagged edges are often a sign of low res. And Appleworks sure isn’t known for its exceptional capabilities as an image app. What format are you using? Is the image being resized when moved into Appleworks?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 13, 2004
Also, which version of appleworks are you using? If it is 6.2.9, this will sound weird, but go to Appleworks>preferences>text and turn on "fractional character widths." That solves a lot of problems with ragged graphics.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections