HELP: How do I fade an image to transparent?

J
Posted By
John
Jul 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to fade an image from image to transparent.
I can do foreground (colour) to transparent and also foreground colour to background colour, but I need to know how to fade an image to transparent.
I did read it somewhere but I lost the info.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
John Hawkins
Jul 28, 2003
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:58:33 +0100, John wrote:

I can do foreground (colour) to transparent and also foreground colour to background colour, but I need to know how to fade an image to transparent.
TIA.

Make a layer copy; add a layer mask; double click the mask; get the gradient tool and drag a linear gradient using default foreground/background (black/white). Turn off the background layer to see results.
M
MrsBeebleBrock
Jul 29, 2003
Newbie question: when you double click the mask it requests a colour, with red being the default – what colour should I choose? And how do you turn off the background layer?

Sorry – still a Photoshop learner …

B

John Hawkins wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:58:33 +0100, John wrote:

TIA.

Make a layer copy; add a layer mask; double click the mask; get the gradient tool and drag a linear gradient using default foreground/background (black/white). Turn off the background layer to see results.
W
wayne
Jul 29, 2003
Hi Beeble!

Don’t worry about the mask colour, it wont affect the colour of your image (as it suggests – you can choose the colour you want your mask to be, and also how opague you want it to be, so that when you look in the channels palette you can see the mask your working with). You turn off the background layer by clicking the eye icon in the layers palette.

Hope this is helpful

Wayne

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections