C
Posted By
Claude
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Everyone: I just bought Elements hoping it can help with my latest photo problem.

http://www.sitesbydezine.com/ron/framestest.htm
Believe it or not, these frames are pewter – a light gray color. Hard to believe it by their color – but it’s true. I’d like, at least, to change the frames so they resemble pewter colors.

I’d love to find the simplest way – So I’d like to ask two basic learning type questions:

1. DO you suggest that I cut out a layer from the photo and then change the color of the layer, then attach it back to the photo ? (it sounds reasonable…)

2. It looks like Elements has lots of color enhancement tools, but which one would be the simplest way to change the color of the layer so that the frame actually looks like pewter.

Thank you so much,
Gloria

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Claude
Apr 2, 2004
Oops, sorry – forgot to say I am using Photoshop Elements 2.

"Claude" wrote in message
Hi Everyone: I just bought Elements hoping it can help with my latest
photo
problem.

http://www.sitesbydezine.com/ron/framestest.htm
Believe it or not, these frames are pewter – a light gray color. Hard to believe it by their color – but it’s true. I’d like, at least, to change
the
frames so they resemble pewter colors.

I’d love to find the simplest way – So I’d like to ask two basic learning type questions:

1. DO you suggest that I cut out a layer from the photo and then change
the
color of the layer, then attach it back to the photo ? (it sounds reasonable…)

2. It looks like Elements has lots of color enhancement tools, but which one would be the simplest way to change the color of the layer so that the frame actually looks like pewter.

Thank you so much,
Gloria

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections