MC
Posted By
mr_cubs
Sep 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Each time I display the History palette or open a new document, the color channel is set to RGB. I want to change the default to Colors. Does anyone know how to do this? I searched the main and Scripting forums, as well the Help file. However, I did not find any information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Sep 24, 2006
Mr Cubs.

I, for one, have no clue as to what you’re talking about.

Click here <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!

Please explain what you think the difference between RGB and "colors" is. Also elaborate on what you mean by "color channel", please.
MC
mr_cubs
Sep 25, 2006
I thought I was quite clear. Let me rephrase: I open the History palette. On this palette, there is a Channel field with thw following options: RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Luminosity, Colors. The DEFAULT option is always set to RGB. I want to change this default to another option (so, each time I open the palette, I do not need to change it). Does anyone know if this is possible using a script or some other means?

I hope this clarifies my question. Thanks!
JS
John_Slate
Sep 25, 2006
….he means Histogram, not History.

As far as I know you will have to change this yourself, but only one time in an editing session, not every time you open a new image.
R
Ram
Sep 25, 2006
I thought I was quite clear.

Clear as mud.

Maybe John’s mind-reading cap got your drift; mine is still at the cleaners.
R
Ram
Sep 25, 2006
BTW, if John is right, all you have to do is click on the little triangle at the top right corner of the Histogram palette, and check "All Channels View".

Additionally, if you wish you can also check the "Show Channel in Colors" option as well.
MC
mr_cubs
Sep 25, 2006
Thanks, John and Ramon. I was hoping there was a script that could run when I launch PS2 so I wouldn’t have to change the channel each time, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Also, the setting remains when swicthing between all open documents. Once I open a new document, the setting reverts. Oh well…
R
Ram
Sep 25, 2006
so I wouldn’t have to change the channel each time

You won’t have to change at all, if you check "All Channels View" as explained in #5:

…all you have to do is click on the little triangle at the top right corner of the Histogram palette, and check "All Channels View".

Additionally, if you wish you can also check the "Show Channel in Colors" option as well.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections