B
Posted By
B._McNeal
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using a iMac G3/500, with a CD-RW drive (I mention my computer’s stats mainly because I don’t have a DVD drive, so any options that refer to it are of no use to me), and I was wondering how I can make a slideshow with musical accompaniment.

In some of the posts that I have read up to this point, this seemed like it is something that can be done without involving programs other than Photoshop Elements, while others have said in no uncertain terms that it can’t be done without another program.

Any informed opinions on the matter would be appreciated, as would any possible solutions.

Thanks in Advance,

B

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Joe_Henry1000
Apr 1, 2004
B,

As far as I know there isn’t anyway of doing a musical slide show with just PSE.

I do my slide shows with either iPhoto, iMovie or iDVD (I know you said you don’t have a DVD drive). Perhaps you could use iPhoto or iMovie? If you’re not running OS X you might still be able to create a slide show in iMovie if you have an OS 9 copy of that. It’s been so long since I’ve used Classic iMovie that I can’t remember if this is possible.

What OS are you running?

Joe
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 1, 2004
Yup, I’ve still got iMovie 2.0 on this PowerBook, and I can do a slideshow and add music. It requires at least OS 9, but I’m sure you’ve got that or greater on your iMac. Everything you need should have been installed with the OS, although it won’t be the "latest and greatest" version it’ll work nicely.

In Elements you can create a PDF slideshow, but you can’t add any sound.
WW
w_westfall
Apr 2, 2004

B.
I’ve used a program called MySlideShow for a couple years, and have produced dozens of slide shows, with music. No need for DVD. I record them on CDs.
<http://www.anixsoft.com/index.html>
And the support is super, by the way.
Wendell
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Apr 2, 2004
Hi Wendell,

Looks like that’s a Windows only program. Or did I miss something/

Joe
WW
w_westfall
Apr 2, 2004
Joe:
Oops! You’re right. I’d better read the queries more carefully. Wendell
S
slp20082008
Apr 2, 2004
I’m using Roxio CD & DVD Creator. There may be a Mac version. Go to the Roxio website and check it out.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Apr 2, 2004
It’s called Toast <http://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast/index.jhtml;jsessionid=4AZ2S5O40UZANLAQAMHRVQVMCACAWIV0> and it does have the capability to create slide shows but I’m pretty sure you can’t add a soundtrack. Also, it’ll set you back $79. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great program and I use it all the time but is probably overkill for this purpose.

Joe

EDIT: Apparently I’m wrong (not the first time and won’t be the last) about the soundtrack. According to Roxio’s Toast page

"Motion Pictures software turns your still photos into stunning movies. Automatically add Hollywood-style pan and zoom effects, cross fades, and soundtracks."
PD
Pete_D
Apr 2, 2004
Wendell,

There are a lot of windows users that follow these threads too.

(For those windows people; The slideshow referred to is not free however).

Pete

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections