LK
Posted By
Leen_Koper
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know there is a way to add sound to a slide show, made in Elements? Or do I have to switch to other software?

Leen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JH
Joe_Henry1000
Jun 17, 2004
Leen,

As far as I know there is no way to add music to a pdf slide show, which is what you get from Elements. I don’t use Windows so I can’t suggest an alternative either. Sorry… πŸ™

Joe
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 17, 2004
Leen

If you are considering acquiring a new piece of software to create slide shows do yourself a favour and check out ProShow
http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow/ The package comes I two flavours the regular version and the Gold. The regular version is a wonderful piece of software that will fulfill the standard slide show needs. The Gold version is much more attuned to making professional slide presentations, It allows for burning to DVD, adds motion within the slides, special text effect, and voice over.

Grant
D
davee
Jun 17, 2004
There is a product called Ulead CD & DVD Picture Show 2 which may do what you want. I don’t have it yet, but expect to try it when I get a DVD writer.
Look at <http://www.ulead.com/runme_ns.htm> then go to More Ulead products and it’s under Digital Imaging.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 17, 2004
In my Windows days (when I was young and had plenty of time to reboot often… LOL!), I used that software a lot. The only problem I found using it is that I had very little control over the music track. You put a track, and DPS2 will repeat it until you change it. And the time line for the sound wasn’t very accurate, so even if you attempted to mix a new track, sometimes, the previous one would start a few seconds before the new one would kick in… (like SONG A (full)- SONG A (15 seconds)- SONG B (full)…

Ray
JD
Juergen_D
Jun 17, 2004
Or do I have to switch to other software?

Leen,
Since I am an IrfanView fan, I checked it and, it will let you do it.

In Q&A it says:
"In the slideshow dialog put/add MP3 files into the slideshow file list, usually at the begin or before an image."

I tried it and it works fine. Irfanview creates ‘MySlideshow.exe’ file which, when you run it, plays the sound and the slides. That is one amazing piece of software (free!), it does just about anything.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Juergen
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 17, 2004
Thank you all for your help.

JΓΌrgen, I had a look at Irfanview, but I don’t like the transitions from one slide to another.

Today I felt like spending money. I supposed I needed a second hard drive with automatic back up software, I noticed a nice laptop on one of the shelves of my computer supplier, just out of curiosity I asked him for very simple and cheap slide show software.
I was glad I couldnot resist the temptation, so I bought all three items within 5 minutes. My wife was with me and she didnot object at all; she even advised me to buy a more expensive laptop. As I didnot want to risk my marriage, I followed her orders.
πŸ˜‰

Leen
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 17, 2004
Leen

"As I didnot want to risk my marriage, I followed her orders."

All woman should be so lucky to have a husband that is so willing to sacrifice himself so readily for their wife’s every wishes.

Grant
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 17, 2004
Grant, be more careful with your postings. She read your text and now she demands a new sofa. I told her we allready have a sofa and, until now we didnot have a laptop. I don’t quite understand the way she took it.
Women! Pfff…I suppose I wil never understand that species.

Leen
ML
Mark_Levesque
Jun 18, 2004
Hilarious!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 18, 2004
….I suppose I wil never understand that species.

Leen, a clue; buy the sofa
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 18, 2004
Jodi, I understand you are supporting your own species, but I still don’t know what is wrong with our present luxury all leather sofa. It is a wonderful sofa, perfectly fit for snoring loudly.

Leen
JG
Julio_Guerra
Jun 18, 2004
It is easier for you if you make it easy for your wife to change the sofa verses changing the snorer!
Just a thought Leen.
Julio
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 18, 2004
LMAO

supporting my own species…ha! not quite.

Sometimes a woman needs a little ‘change’…the same way you did when you felt like spending money. It has nothing to do with whether or not the sofa needs replacing. I’m sure you could find a spot for it where you can still snooze from time to time.
SS
Susan_S.
Jun 19, 2004
Personally this particular female of the species would rather spend money on a new camera, computer, hard drive than a new sofa (and our current one is definitely showing the signs of having grown older in the company of two sticky fingered youngsters). In our house it’ s my husband that is the furniture and clothes buyer while I have to be dragged out of camera shops… (but then he has just bought a new Marshall guitar amplifier that I swear goes up to 11 on the volume button!)

Susan S.
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 19, 2004
…..In our house it’ s my husband that is the furniture. Sigh.
Sometimes I feel the same way.
πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Leen
NT
Nancy_Tucker_Blossom
Jun 20, 2004
Do you know of a slide show creaator for the Mac with OS 9, preferably free? I want to put the slide show on the web and have it play automatically.

Many thanks.

Nancy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 20, 2004
I know absolutely nothing of Mac OS 9, but perhaps this will work :

http://jalbum.net/

It’s free, does a whole lot more than slide showes, and runs under Java. I suppose Mac OS 9 has Java.

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 21, 2004
Nancy

What you want to do can be created with regular HTML. If you feel comfortable with writing code email me and I will send you a code template with explanation.

Grant
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 22, 2004
I wanted to add…

For those running Mac OS X, iPhoto has an option to export pictures as a Quicktime slideshow. You can even add music, and you can control the color of the background (or have a picture as the background instead). It’s not a full feature slide show editor, but it’ll do the job very nicely.

Ray
NT
Nancy_Tucker_Blossom
Jun 22, 2004
Thank you all for your suggestions. Grant, I have e-mailed you and would love to have the template. I did find the code for automatic refreshing in my HTML book and am going to give it a try.

There is no iPhoto for OS 9, but there is an iMovie for OS 9. I believe that iMovie came first, before Apple wrote off 9.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 22, 2004
Well… Time to upgrade to X.. πŸ˜‰
(just kidding!)

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 22, 2004
The upgrade to X is worth it πŸ™‚

Wendy
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Jun 22, 2004
You can also make slide shows with iMovie. I do it all the time. Not sure if you can do it in pre OS X iMovie though.

Joe
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 23, 2004
Nancy

I an such an ass! I received your email and filed it so that I could reply when I had time. I got everything ready to send you and I have no idea what I did with your email. So I don’t have your address. Could you re send and I will try not to loose it this time.

Grant

Home Pages : http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

Photo of the Day : http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/POD/

Challenge Pages: http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

Alexander Osborn (1888 – 1966)

BD
Bob_Dunkerley
Jun 23, 2004
I am using a pair of excellent programs for producing slide shows. The picture part is "Pictures to Exe" (www.wnsoft.com/apr) at about Β£16, and "WavePad" (www.nch.com.au/wavepad) for the sound which is free. Both of these are very easy and quick to use although I haven’t found out how to burn DVD’s to play on a stand-alone DVD player.
BobD.
DK
David_Knibb
Jun 24, 2004
MyAlbum, which is free, must be one of the most useful around.

It is not only a catalogue utility – which it does well, but has good slide show facilities, including sound. There are built in facilities for making an autorun slideshow – using autorun.inf files. These can be used, along with the source files and the slideshow files to burn a disk. But as far as I can tell, it only works on PCs, and cannot produce a DVD for a TV show, which is a pity. There are also lots of plugins/scripts giving additional utility.

Look at www.myalbumpro.com

David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections