Posted By
Pete_Deininger
Jan 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings,

I currently have each element of my design on it’s own layer with some things visible and other things visibility-turned-off. When I have Layout1 as i like it, I create a new Layer comp from the palette and save it as LayerComp1. I choose all 3 of the options for visibility, position and appearance.

Now I go toggle some visibility on certain layers, move some things around to different positions, etc. and create a new layer comp called LayerComp2. Again I select all 3 options for visibility, position and appearance.

Now when i use the Layer Comps palette to scroll through my saved comps, some of the items in LayerComp1 are in different positions/colors than they were when I saved them… but they aren’t quite where I left them for LayerComp2, either… They seem to have gone wherever they darn well please.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong with Layer Comps? I thought the nice thing about them was that I could scroll through 3 or 4 of these saved Comps with my client and show them 4 unique designs from one file??? But some elements are not where they were when i saved the layer comp.

Thanks for any help!
Pedro

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jan 30, 2007
each layer comp needs its own set of elements if they need to be in different positions
PD
Pete_Deininger
Jan 30, 2007
hmmm…. i wonder why they have that toggle box to apply to "Position" then, when you create a new layer comp? Seems like you could do away with that checkbox if it doesn’t remember an element’s positioning…

Thanks!
B
Buko
Jan 30, 2007
Maybe I’m doing it wrong but I can’t get positioning to work.

I know it works in ImageReady with Rollover states
PD
Pete_Deininger
Feb 1, 2007
anyone? beuhler? beuhler?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections