SD
Posted By
Sarah_Doyle
Sep 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello! I’ve been dabbling in Photoshop for a couple years and I’ve just started playing around with layer comps. I have a feeling it can do exactly what I’m trying to, but there’s a user error that’s preventing it from working right. 😉

Basically, I’d like to capture the state of the layers palette – and then I’d like to *move around* a few of the layers, turn on a few new ones, and then capture it again. I’ve tested a few different settings, and I keep coming up with the same results:

the first capture is perfect
the second capture is perfect, BUT then the first capture is now changed (the visible layers are right, but it captured the new position of the layers that moved)

Is there a way to keep the first capture from changing? To preserve the position that the layers were in when the first capture was taken?

Thanks so much for any help! If I need to clarify anything, please let me know! -Sarah

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reynolds
Sep 9, 2008
Yes its easy – Layer comps can record Visibilty, POSITION, or appearance. If you click the make layer comp icon in the layer comps palette – its quite obvious how it works I would have thought.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections