G
Posted By
Grusvag
Jan 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I appologize if this isn’t the correct place to ask a question about CS…

What’s the trick to adding a Metadata Template to a file?

I’ve opened a sample image (I want to batch them all with the same file info), filled out the File Info and Saved the Metadata Template but when I go back to load it (by selecting the template from the menu under the triangle in the upper right corner) the only thing that comes in is the copyright status from the pop-up menu. None of the text that I saved comes back in.

What am I doing wrong? I used to do this all the time in PS7.

Any tricks to adding the same metadata to a bunch of images? I would normally create an action to bring in the File Info and then batch them.

Thanks,
John.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

OO
Omke_Oudeman
Jan 29, 2007
Sounds like you have not yet explored Bridge.

In Bridge you can select multiple images and add metadata and also your templates can be selected.

But I would think it is still possible in CS the way you were used to. Can’t check at the moment, there is a big action job running.
G
Grusvag
Jan 29, 2007
Sorry, I’m still on CS1 which doesn’t have Bridge.
G
Grusvag
Jan 30, 2007
Ok, I’m an idiot. I do have Bridge. Will try it out.
G
Grusvag
Jan 30, 2007
Yea, it works in Bridge.

From Bridge, select folder of images that you want to apply your File Info to. Open one image and fill in File Info, click on Advanced and Save the metadata template. Hit Ok to go back to all your thumbnails. Select All the thumbnails you want to apply the File Info to then go to File > File Info. Click on the Advanced tab and then Append. (From the Help FIle: "Click Append to add the metadata in the existing files to metadata saved in an .xmp file. Values in existing properties are not replaced, and new values are appended or inserted where appropriate.")

For what it’s worth, I tried this exact same procedure in CS1 and it wouldn’t work for me.

-John.
OO
Omke_Oudeman
Jan 30, 2007
John,

Glad Bridge is doing this Job for you. I’m convinced you will use this from now on.

Only when I have worked on one single image I use the file info from CS(2). But if I use the triangle to look up for the templates they are the same as in Bridge.

regards
Omke

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections