Posted By
Anthony_Pratt
Jan 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
* Hey y’all.

When i make a new file, it asks me what size, I say 7 by 7 inches. The image comes up maybe half that size, though it says 100%. When I zoom in to get the size I want, it says 200%, and is obviously zoomed, with lower resolution. Would like to get a 7 by 7 inch image when I ask for it, WYSIWYG, if you know what i mean. Tried doing things in Image Size and Canvas Size to no avail.

Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AP
Anthony_Pratt
Jan 27, 2007
OK when I first posted this and came back, it said blank form or something, it didn’t work. So I’m posting this again.

No, I’m not very smart. ha ha.

* Hey y’all.

When i make a new file, it asks me what size, I say 7 by 7 inches. The image comes up maybe half that size, though it says 100%. When I zoom in to get the size I want, it says 200%, and is obviously zoomed, with lower resolution. Would like to get a 7 by 7 inch image when I ask for it, WYSIWYG, if you know what i mean. Tried doing things in Image Size and Canvas Size to no avail.

Thank you.
B
Buko
Jan 27, 2007
7×7 at what resolution?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 27, 2007
Computers like pixels much more than inches.
R
Ram
Jan 27, 2007
I replied in your other thread:

Ramón G Castañeda, "Image size on screen" #1, 27 Jan 2007 12:40 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

It all depends on your monitor’s resolution, your image dimensions in pixels and resolution in ppi, and whether you want to view it at "print size" or "actual size" for web.

Here’s the text from a post by the late John Slate:

John Slate – 3:08pm Jul 15, 05 PST (#7 of 10)

If you want to get exact about displaying print size:

Open a new 500 pixel x 500 pixel file in Photoshop, and set it to 100% (view actual pixels) if it does not come up that way.

Get out a ruler and measure the image on screen in inches.

Divide 500 by the measurement.

This is the resolution of your screen.

Move the decimal point 2 places to the right in that number, and write it down somewhere. Call it your monitor factor.

For InDesign or Illustrator viewing actual size assumes a monitor of 72ppi, so to fine tune actual size in those apps, divide your monitor factor by 72 to get the % view you need for those apps to see same size.

For Photoshop, divide your monitor factor by the resolution (in ppi) of whatever image you are working on to determine the right zoom percentage for that image.
P
Phosphor
Jan 27, 2007
<http://www.scantips.com/>
Scroll down to "Scanning 101 – The Basics" and start at…well, "Start".

Have a read here, too:
< http://www.digitalmastery.com/downloads/pdf/MagazineArticles /psuser51.pdf>
B
Buko
Feb 11, 2007
Explain exactly all the steps you take.

Don’t forget to tell us the exact size of the pic

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections