E
Posted By
exingo
Jan 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to purchase a paper trimmer for cutting images I create in PS and print with my Epson inkjet printer.

Would you recommend a rotary style trimmer or one that has the traditional arm that comes down? Anything else that could be recommended?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AW
Allen_Wicks
Jan 8, 2007
Personally I use and prefer the arm style, heavier larger and more expensive being best.
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Jan 8, 2007
Depends on the size of the prints you’ll be trimming. For larger size sheets (over 11 inches), the rotary style can offer more control over page flexing and accuracy.

Rototrim makes a nice product.
< http://www.rotatrim.co.uk/worldwide.php?section=distributors>

Whatever cutter style you choose, get the best you can afford. The build quality and accuracy of inexpensive models often leave much to be desired.
CB
charles badland
Jan 8, 2007
Rototrim

Whatever cutter style you choose, get the best you can afford. The build quality and accuracy of inexpensive models often leave much to be desired.

ditto. A cheap paper cutter is crap.
R
Ram
Jan 8, 2007
A couple of years ago, I got a Rotatrim Eurocut (Monorail) 26" Rotary Trimmer from B&H for $142. I’ve been very happy with it and consider it a great value.

I don’t see it at B&H any more under that name, but it looks a lot like the Rotatrim Professional Monorail Rotary Cutter – 26 < http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&amp ;A=details&Q=&sku=408808&is=REG&addedTroughT ype=search> at $210 and I think it’s still a great value at the price.
CB
charles badland
Jan 9, 2007
Years ago…
didn’t Bessler have a cutter like the Rototrim?
R
Ram
Jan 9, 2007
It’s Rotatrim, no relation to the Roto-Rooter folks. 😀

Beseler did import a number of trimmers and cutters, some of which were indeed made by the same people who make the Rotatrim cutters today. Some models even included the "rota-trim" as part of the name" Beseler Rota-Trim."
____
Jan 27, 2008
In article ,
wrote:

I would like to purchase a paper trimmer for cutting images I create in PS and print with my Epson inkjet printer.

Would you recommend a rotary style trimmer or one that has the traditional arm that comes down? Anything else that could be recommended?
Thanks.

Not sure if you’ve made your purchase, but I’ll add my 2 cents. Since I own one of the larger ones.

LPL makes a rotary trimmer much like the Roto-trim, The LPL are good quality but not quite as heavy duty as the Roto-trim. That should translate to a somewhat lower cost.

< http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Fili ng/Storage&cat2= Mounting%20%26%20Viewing%20Equipment&cat3=Cutters%20%26% 20Trimmers&featur e1=Omega&searchinfo=Omega%20Paper%20Trimmers&item_no =1 >

Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections