RS
Posted By
Robert Strom
Jun 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone found a 19" LCD monitor that is a close (I said close) equivilant of a CRT?

My employer is willing to replace my 5 year old Viewsonic monitor, but does not want to buy another CRT. I have compared an IBM 17" LCD side by side using my dual output graphics card and the LCD is far superior to my aging Viewsonic, but still has the problem of color shift at different eye positions.

I understand this limitation, but I can live with it given the muddy, soft images my old monitor shows.

Since I am stuck buying an LCD I want some recommendations between brands of LCD.

TIA, Robert Storm

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NE
no_email
Jun 11, 2004
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:57:49 GMT, Robert Strom
wrote:

Has anyone found a 19" LCD monitor that is a close (I said close) equivilant of a CRT?

My employer is willing to replace my 5 year old Viewsonic monitor, but does not want to buy another CRT. I have compared an IBM 17" LCD side by side using my dual output graphics card and the LCD is far superior to my aging Viewsonic, but still has the problem of color shift at different eye positions.

I understand this limitation, but I can live with it given the muddy, soft images my old monitor shows.

Since I am stuck buying an LCD I want some recommendations between brands of LCD.

TIA, Robert Storm

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=lcd%20best%20monitor&am p;safe=off&ie=UTF-8&as_ugroup=alt.graphics.photoshop &lr=lang_en&num=30&hl=en

Smeltsmoke
E
ear-lution
Jun 11, 2004

TIA, Robert Storm

Try this

http://tinyurl.com/389fo
H
Hecate
Jun 12, 2004
wrote:

Assuming that your boss isn’t going to pay out lots of money for an Eizo, I suggest you look at Iiyama. Pretty good colour correction on those – in particular the Prolite E431S

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
RS
Robert Strom
Jun 12, 2004
Thanks for the info. I checked it out on some web reviews and besides a great price, it has font smoothing which has been my biggest complaint about most LCD’s… the screendoor effect.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:14:38 +0100, Hecate wrote:

wrote:

Assuming that your boss isn’t going to pay out lots of money for an Eizo, I suggest you look at Iiyama. Pretty good colour correction on those – in particular the Prolite E431S

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
RS
Robert Strom
Jun 12, 2004
I have read some great reviews on this brand… I thought it not available in the U.S., but a google search turned up a few distributors
Thanks for you recommendation

Robert Storm

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:19:34 GMT, "eª®-lútîøl\\l" wrote:

TIA, Robert Storm

Try this

http://tinyurl.com/389fo
RS
Robert Strom
Jun 12, 2004
Thanks for the link. There were good comments on a number of brands. I was especially intrigued by the Samsung 213T which I can buy locally at Best buy, but its most interesting feature is the avility to swivel to Portrait mode. I’ll have to go look at one

Robert Storm

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:09:00 GMT, (ZONED!)
wrote:

wrote:

TIA, Robert Storm

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=lcd%20best%20monitor&am p;safe=off&ie=UTF-8&as_ugroup=alt.graphics.photoshop &lr=lang_en&num=30&hl=en

Smeltsmoke
H
Hecate
Jun 13, 2004
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:54:12 GMT, Robert Strom
wrote:

Thanks for the info. I checked it out on some web reviews and besides a great price, it has font smoothing which has been my biggest complaint about most LCD’s… the screendoor effect.
Yes, they’re exceptionally good value. I’ve been using Iiyama CRTs for years and they’ve only been excellent. And it looks like they’re taking that excellence into LCDs as well. Like I said, you’re not going to get quite as good as CRT, but the Iiyama is the best that I know of that doesn’t involve spending ridiculous amounts of money.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections