W
Posted By
Wayneswhirld
Jan 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PS CS, I want to create ALIASED shapes using the Rectangular and Custom Shape tools, with strokes that are aliased. I don’t see an option for that.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

W
Wayneswhirld
Jan 7, 2007
The option of aliasing or anti-aliasing is offered in type, if not in shapes, why not? I’m working with strict color limits for a weaving process and aliasing is desired in the art.
W
Wayneswhirld
Jan 7, 2007
I don’t know how to attach, but here’s how my Options bar looks in CS:

< http://www.greenmountainaccess.net/~wmichaud/no_aliasing/ind ex.html>

There’s no checkoff for Aliasing when in the Shape tools
CB
charles badland
Jan 7, 2007
Aliasing option is only available in the "Fill Pixels" mode. Not there for "Paths" or "Shape Layers" choices. (Icons on the far right.)
W
Wayneswhirld
Jan 7, 2007
Why is the choice for shapes apparently available in Cybernetic Nomad’s PS (not sure of that version)?
CB
charles badland
Jan 7, 2007
If you look at CN’s image, the Fill Pixels mode is selected. (Third icon from the left)

And to correct my other post- the various modes for the Shape Tool are on the left of its option bar: Shape, Paths and Fill Pixels.
W
Wayneswhirld
Jan 7, 2007
Thanks Charles.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections