CB
Posted By
Catherine_Blob
Feb 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I took a picture and used the magic eraser tool and made the background totally transparent. I thought I could then copy/paste it to another application, but the "copy" function was unavailable. I then saved it as a gif with transparency checked and brought it in that way. How come copy would ot work? Thanks, Catherine

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 28, 2004
Catherine, it might work (although transparency is quirky) if you do a Select>All before you do your Edit>Copy.

Chuck
CB
Catherine_Blob
Feb 28, 2004
I did the "select all" but it ignored the transparency and put a white background underneath my "cutout". Any other ideas? Oh, I tried a drop and drag later on (with both applications opened) ie. Elements and MS PUB, and that seemed to work. A little cumbrsome tho. Thanks, Catherine
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 28, 2004
Catherine, I haven’t worked with transparencies, but many of the regulars here have. There are only one or two ways to save an image with transparency preserved (GIF is one, as you’ve found); perhaps the copy and paste to another application defaults to a mode that doesn’t preserve transparency…?

Stick around, though – the transparency buffs will chime in eventually!

Chuck

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections