D
Posted By
DFWAIR
Dec 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
as a newbie with CS2, I am wondering how or what is the process to clean up a photo that was scan from a family book?? It original is in need of help with scratches, spots, etc. But, due to the original coming from a book, I would like to clean it up and make it look more like a picture that is not so grainy due to the dot matrix print.

I am trying to build up the family genelogy and have an application that allows for picture insertion, so I would like to try, but I need the pictures to be a lot better than what they are now.

Would appreciate any assistance to fix up the family photos a bit. I also tries with PhotoImpression_4 and didn’t have much luck.

Regards

JJJSLJ at DFWAIR dot NET

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Dec 28, 2006
"DFWAIR" wrote in message
as a newbie with CS2, I am wondering how or what is the process to clean up a photo that was scan from a family book?? It original is in need of help with scratches, spots, etc. But, due to the original coming from a book, I would like to clean it up and make it look more like a picture that is not so grainy due to the dot matrix print.

I am trying to build up the family genelogy and have an application that allows for picture insertion, so I would like to try, but I need the pictures to be a lot better than what they are now.

Would appreciate any assistance to fix up the family photos a bit. I also tries with PhotoImpression_4 and didn’t have much luck.

FFT based methods do the best job for cleaning up halftone dots. It is the only method I’ve seen that seems to reveal additional detail, instead of hiding the dots behind a veil of blur.

Here’s a discussion of how to do it using plugins that are available for free download. The thread is a few months old, but I and others will continue to respond if you have questions:

http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections