DD
Posted By
dickey_dye
Nov 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t seem to feather a photograph in Photoshop CS2. I select the photo using the marquee tool go to select – feather input the pixels and click OK but nothing happens!! What am I doing wrong/not doing? The operating system is Windows XP

Many thanks

Dickey

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 10, 2006
The punishment for double posting is Tarring and Feathering – not a nice way to dye Dickey! 😉
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 10, 2006
What are you doing after applying the feathering? It will not be evident until you perform so other action such as creating a layer mask or deleting or cutting and pasting the selected area.

Try this: After applying the feathering to your selection, hit the Q key to initiate the Quick Mask. If a soft edge shows, then the feathering has happened.

Chris.
P
Perianthal
Nov 12, 2006
You also need to select how much you wish to feather (# of pixels). If your number is too small it may not be as dramatic as you wish.
DD
dickey_dye
Nov 12, 2006
Thanks very much for your replies – everything is sorted now! Sorry about sending twice – senior moment I’m afraid

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections