Posted By
john
Oct 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using PS CS2, everything works pretty speedily except for one thing:

whenever i use the eyedropper tool to sample a color (in all cases: replace color, select color range, etc.)
it takes literally 10-15 seconds to get the color.

anyone else have this?….any suggestions?

thanks in advance, – big john

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 28, 2006
"john d. wilson" wrote in message
whenever i use the eyedropper tool to sample a color (in all cases: replace color, select color range, etc.)

BJ,

When strange things start happening there is nothing to lose by deleting your "prefs" files as per the help files.
Hold down ctrl+alt+shift whilst starting PS (it’s a timing thing) if you get it right you will be asked if you want to delete the file, you do;)

HTH
MH
J
john
Oct 28, 2006
thanks!…that appeared to do the trick!…plus it sped up opening and saving of files too….

-big john

"Mike Hyndman" <tell me yours and I’ll send > wrote in message

BJ,

When strange things start happening there is nothing to lose by deleting your "prefs" files as per the help files.
Hold down ctrl+alt+shift whilst starting PS (it’s a timing thing) if you get it right you will be asked if you want to delete the file, you do;)
HTH
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 28, 2006
thanks!…that appeared to do the trick!…plus it sped up opening and saving of files too….

-big john

BJ,

You are very welcome, glad to help, it’s amazing the problems a corrupt prefs file can cause. Thanks for the update.

Regards

Mike H
"Mike Hyndman" <tell me yours and I’ll send > wrote in message

BJ,

HTH
MH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections