RM
Posted By
Roman_Michalowski
Jan 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In higher ISO settings my camera noise makes the white balancing very difficult. One can observe this just by moving the WB tool of the ACR2: white temperature, tint and hue of the grey card (preview – on) changes considerably as the dropper moves from one pixel to another.
Is there a way to take an ‘average’ of a larger area of the grey card to arrive at a consistent reading ?

Cheers,

Roman

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jan 12, 2004
Roman,

Just a thought, but you might blur the preview first in the ACR dialog, then sample the WB target, en then undo the blur.
also, but I’m not sure about that, when the preview is reduced to, let’s say, 10 percent, will the eyedropper take an average of the area?

Rob
RM
Roman_Michalowski
Jan 12, 2004
Rob,

Thanks for replying.

Please excuse my ignorance, but this is exactly what I don’t know how to do in ARC2.I would need to process the image BEFORE I convert the RAW file into PS and gain access to filters etc.

Color Noise Reduction and Luminance Smoothing kick in during the conversion, AFTER WB has been decided (very often incorrectly:).

Reducing the preview to 10% doesn’t seem to do a trick.

Cheers,

Roman
ND
Nick_Decker
Jan 12, 2004
Roman, I saw your post in the ACR section of the forum and was hoping someone would reply to it. I’ve been curious about the sampling size of the eye dropper in ACR myself.

You might try starting a new thread over there, rather than tacking it on to an existing one with a different subject. Maybe that would catch the eye of someone who knows.

Nick
RM
Roman_Michalowski
Jan 12, 2004
Nick, I just did. Didn’t realize ARC was a separate group. Newbie !

Roman
ND
Nick_Decker
Jan 13, 2004
Hang in there, Roman, you’ll get the hang of it. <grin>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections