SY
Posted By
Shan_Younker
Nov 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not sure where the problem lies but I thought I’d start here.

When looking at image previews in the Finder using View as Columns, the icon resembling my documents is not correct. The icon for psd files shows up as a partial icon, almost like a clipping path or portion of the document. If I resave the document as a layered tiff, the icon is correct. If I change the Finder view to View as Icons the correct icon is displayed for both psds and tiffs. The problem only appears on computers running OSX 10.4. OSX 10.3 computers display the icons correctly in View as Columns mode.

I am using Photoshop CS (ver 1). My thought is that either Photoshop is not writing the image preview icon correctly or there is an issue with OS 10.4.

Has anyone seen this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Nov 30, 2006
Nope.

How do they look in a new user?
SY
Shan_Younker
Nov 30, 2006
On every 10.4 computer we have – multiple – the image preview icons are not correct. On every 10.3 computer we have, the image preview icons are correct.
R
Ram
Nov 30, 2006
Are you on 10.4.8?

Try Buko’s suggestion: make a new account and log in as a different user. Let us know what you see then.

What routine maintenance do you perform on your machines?
SY
Shan_Younker
Nov 30, 2006
Same result with the new account. Our computers are up to date with 10.4.8 and Quicktime 7.04 along with all security updates. I also tried reinstalling Photoshop and deleting Photoshop’s preferences.
R
Ram
Nov 30, 2006
QuickTime is at 7.1.3 now.
SY
Shan_Younker
Dec 1, 2006
just upgraded. problem still exists.
B
Buko
Dec 1, 2006
Well something is wrong on your machine I just made and saved a PSD in CS in 10.4.8 and the preive in column view is just as it should be.
SY
Shan_Younker
Dec 1, 2006
Strange. We have over 20 PM G5’s with 10.4.x and all are having the same issue whereas our 10.3.x computers are not. Some documents are fine, others, especially those with multiple layers, are having the issue. I’m not convinced it’s a Photoshop issue. Thanks for your ideas.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 1, 2006
I seem to remember that there was an issue like this with CS1 layered files?

Updating to CS2 and using the Bridge to preview files instead of the Finder would solve the problem.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections