SG
Posted By
Scottie_G.
Apr 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You ever get this? Some images wont preview sharpening effects. the little stupid window will preview, but not the actual images. It happens every now and then. Any ideas on this? thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SG
Scottie_G.
Apr 24, 2005
Actually got this one to work. Sharpening, would not show if the sharpening layer was just above the bg layer. But if I moved that to top, was ok. But why is that?
J
johntolliday
Apr 25, 2005
If you are sharpening a lower or middle layer ie not the top layer you will see the preview, but you wont see it on the actual image because that top layer is hiding it! Turn off any layers above the one you are sharpening.
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Apr 25, 2005
It will also happen with "adjustment layers"…all you see is a blank preview screen…you have to sharpen on the actual layer with the layer highlighted in the layers palette that you want to sharpen
SG
Scottie_G.
Apr 26, 2005
JOhn: How does a top layer hide sharpening? I don’t get that.

So you just move your sharpening layer to top, right? thanks.
J
johntolliday
Apr 26, 2005
I’m not explaining myself well, my apologies. Yes you can move the sharpening layer to top but you get the same result by turning off (click eye icon on layer) the layers above. Now if this does not make sense it means I have misunderstood your layer order. What number of layers do you have above the layer to be sharpened and what types of layer are they? i.e. are they pixel layers or adjustment layers?
SG
Scottie_G.
Apr 27, 2005
I use a combination of command j’s (bg layer), and adjustments layers.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections