BF
Posted By
Barry_Field
Nov 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Everytime I try to crop an image, CS2 freezes when the progress indicator gets to about 20%. This just started happening today after about 4 months of use on this machine (G5 – 3.5 Gb RAM).

At first there was a message telling me that my scratch disks were full. This is rediculous because both of my scratch disks have over 80Gb of free space. I renamed my preference file and started up CS2 again which seemed to eliminate the scratch disk message but now it just freezes when I try to crop. I’ve tried cropping images that are from 180Kb up to 5 Mb and I get the same thing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Barry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Nov 22, 2006
does this happen in a new user?
BF
Barry_Field
Nov 22, 2006
Buko,

I’m not sure that I understand your question? Do you mean am I a new user (no, I’ve been using Photoshop for a few years now)?

Barry
B
Buko
Nov 22, 2006
Do you mean am I a new user?

No.

Sounds like you are new to OSX.

MaKe a new user.

Does it happen?
PT
Phil_Taz
Nov 22, 2006
:^) classic…

(Barry’s gonna be a father)
R
Ram
Nov 22, 2006
Barry,

First of all, look at the Option Bar when you are using the Crop Tool. Is the resolution set to something outlandish like 25,000? Leave that field BLANK.

If it’s not a resolution issue (which it could very well be) try what Buko suggests: go into System Preferences > Accounts, and make a new account ("new user") to see if the problem is still there.
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 23, 2006
Also, watch the unit of the lenght and width. If you try to crop a 640×480 inches document, you’ll run into problems.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections