Posted By
Aaron Deskins
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone,
This should be an easy question. How do I print a large size picture on to many pages? For instance, If I have a 2ft by 3ft picture and I want to print it on my printer (which only prints 8 1/2 x 11 inches) so that I’ll have a bunch of pages that I can tape together to get the 2ft x3ft poster, how would I do it?

Thanks

Aaron Deskins
Graduate Student
Chemical Engineering
Purdue University

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
bhilton665
Feb 13, 2004

This should be an easy question. How do I print a large size picture on to many pages? For instance, If I have a 2ft by 3ft picture and I want to print it on my printer (which only prints 8 1/2 x 11 inches) so that I’ll have a bunch of pages that I can tape together to get the 2ft x3ft poster, how would I do it?

Only did this once, but it worked … decide what resolution you wish to print at, say 200 ppi, slice up the file using Guides, use the rectangular marquee tool (make sure feather=0) tool to select each section (it will snap to the guide for accuracy), do edit > copy, then file > new and you’ll get a blank file of the right size, edit > paste and print each of these.

So if your file is say 200 ppi at 24×30" (4,800 x 6,000 pixels) you’d put Guides at 2000 and 4000 pix in the long direction, then guides at 1600 and 3200 ppi in the short direction to define nine blocks each of 1600 x 2000 pixels, which will print 8×10" @ 200 ppi.

There are no doubt better ways to use something like Slices to do this more elegantly, but since I only did it once I just did the math to calculate the guides and did it the slow way.

Bill
EG
Eric Gill
Feb 13, 2004
Aaron Deskins wrote in news:402CD563.8090107
@ecn.purdue.edu:

Hello everyone,
This should be an easy question. How do I print a large size picture on to many pages?

It’s called "Tiling". Many layout programs have the option in the print dialog.

You can, of course, do it by hand or spend some bucks on something like PosterWorks, too.
WS
Warren Sarle
Feb 14, 2004
"Aaron Deskins" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

First, see if your printer driver has an option to do this. In Epson drivers, it’s called "Poster printing".

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections