MG
Posted By
Mike_Guilbault
Oct 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased a new iMac and migrated PhotoShop CS2 (version 9.0.2) from my eMac to the iMac. Everything went fine, but there was an error. I can’t remember what it was now, it was kinda cryptic anyway.. but now I am missing most of my filters other than about 5 basic ones like Sharpness & Blur. But no Artistic filters or anything like that.

any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Oct 22, 2006
Mike,

Is your new iMac Intel based?

Is your Photoshop icon still inside its folder? Is your image in a color depth that supports the missing filters?

If I were you, I would re-install Photoshop from the original media.

I don’t trust any "migration" stuff.
MG
Mike_Guilbault
Oct 22, 2006
Yes, it’s a new Intel iMac. And yes, Photoshop and everything else seems to be in place in it’s proper folder. The first thing I checked was the depth and that I was in the correct format for using the filters…. so that’s ok. What’s weird is that the filters aren’t even in the list. They’re not just greyed out – but completely missing. I’ll do a complete reinstall later and that should take care of it. Was just curious if anyone else ran into this problem.

Thanks Ramón!
B
Buko
Oct 22, 2006
Was just curious if anyone else ran into this problem.

only when the application is moved out of its folder.
HA
Humberto_Aviles
Nov 17, 2006
Hello,

I just noticed the missing filters after I migrated Photoshop CS2 from my iBook to my MacBook Pro. I’ll reinstall PS as soon as I get a chance. Also, Illustrator will not open, did anyone run into this same problem as well?

BTW. Mike, did reinstalling PS bring back the filters?

Thanks for your help.

Humberto
R
Ram
Nov 17, 2006
after I migrated Photoshop CS2

I’m not a fan of "migrating" anything. I’d install from the original media.
MG
Mike_Guilbault
Nov 17, 2006
Yes, after reinstalling everything was there again.
HA
Humberto_Aviles
Nov 17, 2006
Thanks, I ‘ll give it a try when I get home.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections