M
Posted By
Mathias(2)
Dec 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a logo that I would like to make look like spray painted graffiti, so I could then place it on pictures of other things like trains busses and walls.

Any suggestions on how to get a Graffiti like look?

Thanks
Mathias(2)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SF
Scott_Falkner
Dec 8, 2003
Try tracing it with the pen tool, the playing around with stroking the path with the airbrush. Don’t trace teh logo’s outline. Try to make a path that represents where the spray can would be painted. Use layers to isolate you artwork.

Alien Skin’s Eye Candy filters would be useful for adding drips. Another good source for drips is <http://www.newamericancentury.org/>
B
BLUDVLZ
Dec 8, 2003
If the logo is in a vector format (which, ideally, it should be), copy and paste the paths from Illustrator to Photoshop. If the logo is raster, then make a selection of the various sections of the logo, convert the selection to a path; or make your own paths by hand in PS (your choice).

Then choose your paintbrush, set it to airbrush mode and set up whatever brush attributes you wish. Then select a path, choose Stroke Path from the submenu on the Paths Palette and choose to use the paintbrush. Click OK.

This is just the basic technique. You’ll have to play around with it and experiment to get the exact results you’re looking for.

Otherwise, you can also do an Internet search for Photoshop Graffiti Tutorial on your search engine of choice.

Hope this helps.
VS
Vernon_Stevens
Dec 9, 2003
Hehe, is that link a joke or a mistake???

VES
MH
matthew_hattie
Dec 9, 2003
Another good source for drips is

I followed the link and there was no mistake… 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections