CW
Posted By
Cheese_Whiz
Oct 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I start CS2, I get an error message that says the "application failed to load because vidcam_32.dll is missing…

The program does load, and so far I can’t see anything that’s actually wrong, but I’m wondering if anyone has had this problem and might be able to help me resolve it. I don’t want to have to look at that every time I open ps.

Thanks in advance,
CW

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Oct 21, 2006
Cheese, you may have to reinstall your webcam software. Let Google be your friend.
CW
Cheese_Whiz
Oct 21, 2006
Thanks for the reply, Joe.

I googled for the file name a few hours ago, found probably the same forum post that prompted your reply, but since I don’t have a webcam installed I didn’t think much of it.

I did find some software that might be the cause, however.

Thanks again for the post.

CW
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Oct 21, 2006
That’s really odd, as all the Google hits I saw mentioned "webcam," but glad to hear you have a handle on it.
CW
Cheese_Whiz
Oct 21, 2006
Joe,

The funny thing is I had that vicam utilities installed for some reason. So it WAS related to a web cam whether I currently had one installed or not.

I just reinstalled the utilities package (for now) and it seems to have fixed it.

Thanks again for teh replies.

CW

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections