KK
Posted By
Kurt_Kramer
Oct 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
At a recent training seminar, the instructor suggested that we make our white, black, and mid-gray eyedroppers 3 X 3 pixels, instead of the default single pixel. I’d like to do this, but cannot figure out how to. Does anyone know?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 20, 2006
click on the eyedropper, look at the top in the options bar.
KK
Kurt_Kramer
Oct 20, 2006
I am still lost. In CS2, Whether in Levels or Curves, I click on the white eyedropper. Just above the three eyedroppers is a button labelled Options. When I click that the only choices are Algorithms, Color Settings & Clippings. I see no option for eyedropper size. I’m using a PC, not a Mac, if that makes a difference.

At the top of my screen, where a toolbar would be, I now see there is text that says, "No options for current tool".

Another discovery: When I select Levels or Curves, up in the toolbar, there is text that says "Sample Size" and a pulldown box next to it, but it is grayed out, inaccessible. Then when I select an eyedropper, it goes away leaving me that text I mentioned above "No options for current tool".
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 20, 2006
Click on the Eyedropper TOOL in the Toolbox. Then you will see the options.
KK
Kurt_Kramer
Oct 20, 2006
Thanks John. Got it. I set it to 3X3. Will that appply now in Levels and Curves?
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 20, 2006
Yes.
P
Phosphor
Oct 20, 2006
It will also apply to your Magic Wand Tool.

Whichever sample size you set for the Eyedropper Tool is the size the Magic Wand Tool uses when it creates a selection.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections