JR
Posted By
julie_r
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just installed Elements 2.0.2 on O/S MS-XP – with no problems. Until I used it. It opens, I can print off the registration OK, but to go into Elements – it just freezes (Not Responding) and I have to close it using Task Manager. Elements came bundled with Album – this software works fine – except I cannot edit photos in Elements. Same thing happens.

My computer has 40gb (with 23gb free) 256(?)RAM and a speed of 1.5ghtz. It should be able to handle a good graphics programme.
Any solutions out there? – thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 17, 2004
When Elements is launching, the splash screen displays the "task" it’s doing, like ‘loading fonts’ , ‘reading preferences’, etc. Is Elements freezing at a specific spot? If so, what’s it hanging up on? Or is it even getting that far?

Also, did you have any antivirus software running when you installed? How about peripherals installed – like a tablet?

Your system specs are adequate, but you may (assuming you get Elements running!) want to increase the amount of RAM you have. I know the specs say 128MB, but 256MB is still just barely enough for any serious work. I’d suggest going to at least 512MB. Some of these filters and effects will really slow you down unless there’s a healthy chunk of RAM in there.
AS
andrew_spiering
Feb 20, 2004
actually sometimes elements can freeze when it loads up the quick help menu at the start…. somewhere on these forums there is a fix for it that will disable it on launch… i recommends looking into that.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections